Friday, May 8, 2009

My Experience with Film Department Equipment Room

Our (Joe and I) adventure with the Film Department Equipment Room began on a Friday after class. Joe and I first headed to the AV check out room to rent out a camera, lights and a tripod. After waiting around for about ten minutes (other people were been taken care of) we asked the worker if we could check out a camera, lights and a tripod for our interview later that day. To which he replied “do you have a reservation?” We explained to him that we didn’t have one and that we didn’t know we needed one since this was our first Film class. He then ‘hummed and hawed’ and rolled his eyes and said “I’ll go look but next time you need a reservation” He then sat at his computer for about five minutes, I guess looking for a camera? Apparently he eventually found one. He then explained that he was unsure if they had any tripods or lights for us to use even though he had a huge stack of lights and tripods behind him. He then “found” a tripod but said they were out of lights; we decided to just leave at that point. My Film Department Equipment Room experience was maybe not the best experience I had while working on my Service Learning Project but it was definitely a memorable experience none the less. I’m not really sure what was up with the Film Department Equipment Room worker maybe he was just having a bad day that day. Whatever the case maybe next time I will remember to have a reservation.

Film Department Equipment Room website

Picture Taken From
http://www.armpullers.com/camp/images/sony_hdr_camera.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment